Year 9 – the first year at secondary school
To enhance the transition to secondary school and lay the foundations for the following years.
Year 9 students will enjoy:
- Orientation week - getting to know your tutor class, teachers and how the school works
- Small class sizes - we aim for a maximum of 25 students in each form
- Peer Support - support and encouragement from Year 13 students
- Learning Centre – learning support for students with Special Needs
- Student mediators - organised by students for students, to help resolve issues
- Information & Communications Technology – school intranet system to enhance learning across the curriculum
- Information Centre
Subjects studied at Year 9:
- Social Science
- Health and Physical Education
- Art, Drama/Dance, Music – choose two out of three Arts options
- Language – choose one of the following: French, Japanese, Samoan, Te Reo Maori.