Student Support Services
Student learning at Auckland Girls' Grammar School is enhanced by the range of support services. Students are supported in all aspects of their school life by a network of dedicated teachers and guidance staff.
Student Support Services include:
- A tutor teacher for every class. The tutor teacher provides support and guidance to the individual students in her/his form class and liaises with the Dean and student's whanau as necessary.
- A Dean for each level who supports the tutor teachers and is responsible for providing course guidance, placing students in classes and providing on-going pastoral care.
- Our Guidance Counsellors are available to provide support and guidance for students. Students also have access to a Psychologist.
- Our Health Centre is staffed by three registered nurses; Bel Lee is the lead nurse and Victoria Barnao and Anne Tseng work part time. Dr Bethan Maegaard works on site one day a week. The Health Centre is open from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 pm during school terms.
- A physiotherapy service is provided and students can make appointments directly at the physiotherapy room.
- Student Services Director and Careers advisor Maggie Hames provides expert advice and career guidance to students.
- A Resource Teacher Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) works with Year 9 and 10 students identified as needing extra support with aspects of their learning and classroom behaviour.
All of these people are happy to speak with parents who have queries or concerns. If you are not able to make direct phone contact with them, the school office will take messages.